The Conrads

The Conrads

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Time 4 Learning" a really great time!

This last month, we have had the opportunity to try http://www.Time4Learning.com -  an online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th Grade, for free, in exchange for our candid opinion.  What a great deal!  So for the last few weeks of summer vacation, and the first few weeks of the new school year, Jadyn and Izabella became computer scholars.  I had intended for Drake and Saigen to give a try, too, but they already have a full load of subjects and assisnments, so we decided to try it out on just the little ones. 

Their website is very user friendly and eye-catching.  The girls quickly figured out which "tab" was theirs, and how to enter their individual sign-on and passwords.  Each "grade level" has two areas of learning, an intermediate and more advanced.  They had the choice between all kinds of topics like "on the farm" "vegetables"  "shapes" and "tools".  Within each of these groups, they would complete 4 different activities, and recieve a check-mark to let them know when they were finished and could move on to the next activity or topic.  After completing the entire topic, they were given the opportunity to rate their experience.  Using happy, and not-so-happy faces they expressed if they had a good time completing that activity.  Although a neat concept, my darling Izzy, liked to choose the "not-so-fun" button, although she thoroughly enjoyed it and was begging to do more school.  This might be a better option for the parents!

I saw a few areas where there could be improvement.  One of the activities is storybook time.  The page is read to the child and then the child "turns" the page after the special sound.  For beginning readers, it would be really nice to have a boucing ball, or pointing finger to identify each word as it was being read.  Also, I am completing this review without access to my account, because it was suspended until I submit my review...  Although I did take a few notes while the kids were busy learning, I was planning on going back through the topics and activities when they were not on, to get a more in-depth look, and give a more quality review. 

Overall, the Time4Learning online learning tool, is really a great resource to have.  For the low monthly cost, I will mosty likely be paying for a subscription for the girls.   I would recommend it to any parents who hate to triple-check every "kids"website their children to go for entertainment, and want a safe, fun and educational place to play and learn.

This is the author’s opinion and is entirely her own,the content was not written by Time4Learning, but the writer was compensated.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.